Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Time to be Shabby Chic

Happy New Year Everyone.......

Like many of you, I have always loved the shabby chic look ~ have had a few pieces here and there but never went completely shabby chic.  Well, this year its going to be ALL SHABBY CHIC.....you would think with me painting all the time that it would be easy to transform my entire home to shabby chic but it isn't so. My home is very traditional with dark wood; I love it but I really want the shabby chic look now.....


If you ever talk to your landscaper he will tell you that he too doesn't have to landscape his own yard as he's too busy doing everyone else's yards.......I think this applies to many other occupations also....maybe I'm wrong but I've heard this more than once. 

There are so many times that I'm out thrifting and I am pulled towards items that I want for my home BUT they won't match because they are all shabby chic ~ so, starting this month, I will start transforming my home, one room at a time.

I've always felt that the shabby chic look is so warm and inviting ~ don't get me wrong, I love the traditional look as it tends to look very elegant and warm also but I've decided its time to make a change to reflect my passion which is refinishing and painting furniture, shabby chic style.



The good thing about all this is it shouldn't take too much time to transform my old furniture (excluding my couch, its leather and probably will just be covered) as my sprayer does wonders......yeaaahhhh.  I have things put away now, like shutters, old windows, antique pics. but just haven't put them to use ~ but...give me a few months and I will share my transformations with you. 

If you have any suggestions or ideas to help me with this big endeavor, let me know.  I also would love to see pictures of your home so I can be inspired.

Thanks for stopping by and May God Bless You :)

1 comment: