Friday, April 23, 2010

Charming ~ The Black Dresser



This beautiful dresser was "cute" when it arrived; but of course, we had to make it beautiful. Then there was the decision of what color ~ we went with black. Wow, I'm glad we chose black ~ it turned out so pretty. The silver hardware really stood out also. Some of the original hardware was missing, so instead of buying ALL new hardware ~ I took what was still there and spray painted it silver ~ then I bought new silver ones for the missing ones ~ how clever, huh ~ nice hardware is not cheap so I had to be creative.

Well, Charming didn't last too long ~ it was gone within two days. Guess I need to paint more black pieces, you think????

1 comment:

  1. I love this dresser. I really like the creative touch for not having the same hardware. I almost like it better than what was there orginially. Was it hard to spray paint it without it showing paint drips?

    ReplyDelete