Saturday, April 17, 2010

Life is Short ~ sometimes we just don't get it



I recently found out that an acquaintance has lost her father at the young age of 53. Although I have never met this person nor her father or her family, I can understand the pain they are going through. It's never easy when a family member passes away, especially at a young age. With this thought in mind, I have to remind myself that life is short ~ we must take advantage of telling the important people in our lives that we love and appreciate them. We all get so tangled up in our daily routines of working, cleaning house, doing laundry, paying bills, etc., etc......but at the end, does any of this really matter? No, it doesn't. What matters is that you make a difference in someone's life, that you help when you can, that you spend time with your loved ones, even when you KNOW you DON'T have the time.....

I will have to really slow down a little myself ~ I find myself doing all of the above, I mean the laundry, the cleaning, the bills, and I forget that my family needs my TIME.......so, I will slow down and try to work a little faster to take care of the REALLY IMPORTANT THINGS......FAMILY AND FRIENDS ~

No comments:

Post a Comment