Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Weekend Getaway and Antiques

Last week I mentioned to my husband that I wanted to just "get away for the weekend" ~ it didn't have to be out of the country or a big extravagant trip, just a little trip to the country would be wonderful.  We decided to drive towards a small town of Navasota, Tx ~ this is actually where my husbands grandparents grew up and there are a few antique shops there.  Before we got there though, we stopped at this country restaurant ~ on the outside there were some "folks" just sitting under a tree enjoying the fresh cool breeze.


This little place was very, very different and unusual ~ it has been there since the early 1900's ~ the pieces of furniture and different items throughout this place were unbelievable.  I didn't want to take too many pictures as I didn't know if they would mind or not.  This picture above is my husband with his new best friend......lol.

They had these little wagons scattered throughout the place ~ what about trying to carry furniture in something like this???? Yeppers, I think I'll take a couple of these......can we barter?
How about trying to wash today's laundry in something like this?  Yes, my friends, I can't believe our grandmothers use to have to wash clothes in these "washers" ~ what??? it only comes in white?  What happend to all the color choices?
Then, I see this antique stove ~ nothing pretty about this thing ~ well, at least not to me.  I wouldn't even know where to begin cooking on this; heck, I barely use the fancy stove I have at home......you know how it is when you have to refinish and paint furniture, don't you?  Thank God my husband loves to cook cause I do fine eating a piece of bologna and a diet coke ~ I'm good with that.
Then, we ran into all these antiques ~ wow, this place was great.  So many things to choose from and not enough room in my SUV.  We didn't plan on making any purchases as this was supposed to be a "getaway weekend" ~ no work, no looking for pieces of furniture......WHAT?  No furniture....oh, you are sadly mistaken ~ I am ALWAYS looking for furniture.  I brought home one nice piece and some other items but this was my favorite
Well, we made it back without doing too much damage to the checkbook ~ we ended up in College Station ~ going to some nice restaurants, enjoyed the pool at the hotel and relaxed.
Now its time to get back to work again ~ but it sure was nice.  I also made a friend over there ~ he was pretty "cold" with me, so I didn't bring him home ~ I told him to stay just where he was.....
Thanks for stopping by and may God Bless You ♥











No comments:

Post a Comment