Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Silver Slipper ~ Chest of Drawers

A client of mine recently asked me to refurbish repaint a gorgeous, little beat up, but still pretty, garage sale find for her.  It is a french provencial, 9 drawer dresser ~ yes, its big.  When she first asked for a quote, she simply stated she wanted silver ~ so, sure, no problem ~ I can do that.

Well, when she arrived at my home, she brought over the dresser, the headboard and the mirror, again, no problem.  Then we started talking ~ me with my creative juices in full gear ~ started talking about metallic, glazing, antiquing, etc..  She then decided she wanted it a silver metallic with black glazing on the edging only.....

Folks, I've done two small pieces using the metallic technique before so I thought to myself ~ what have I gotten myself into?  Thank God for having friends in the same business ~ my friend, Jannet at Simple Matters, gave me some tips and pointers.  I took her advice ~ haven't started on the ladies dresser yet but I did finish one of my own pieces, which is this ugly  old chest of drawer (BEFORE)






 ......... tell me what you think of the AFTER ♥



Thanks for stopping by and May God Bless Y♥U!

2 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous. Hard to believe it is the same piece. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! It turned out so pretty! Lucky that you had a piece to practice on. I have the same type of business, as well. Stop over and check it out. I found you through Better After. :)

    ReplyDelete