Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Girly Girl Headboard & Nightstands

A couple of postings ago, I mentioned that my daughter had gone on a hunt for headboards ~ oh, sorry, this one I'm about to post ISN'T one of them, but I'll post it anyway.  When I first saw it, I really loved the curves and the details on it ~ again, sat around in my garage for a while.  Well, recently I found these two beautiful french provincial nightstands at a garage sale.  They were pretty but needed a little TLC ~ brought them home and here is the outcome.  First the headboard:

O.k., then the precious nighstands, which luckily, I do have the BEFORE pics., here those are

And, then here they are AFTER they were painted the beautiful yellow to match the headboard.  I really love
 this style of nightstands ~ so elegant and feminine:
Sorry, but I've only finished one as of right now ~ the other one is just about finished; but you get the idea, right?

Well, some little princess will love her room when these arrive at her home soon ~ I HOPE.  

Until tomorrow, send me something that YOU did ;) 

4 comments:

  1. Your comment you left me was so sweet I just had to reply! Thank you so much! I love all the furniture pieces you find and makeover! That's one thing I haven't gotten into very much. Not because I don't think I would LOVE it, it's just that my husband cringes every time I talk about remaking furniture. He knows I could have more projects for his list than he could do in a life time!
    Thanks for making my day!
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am loving all your furniture redos so far, and i was excited to see a roll top desk. i just discovered one at my mother's house, and i am hoping she will let me have it! i will have to look for your do and don'ts when i get the courage to make over the buffet i thrifted.

    i am so glad you liked my sunroom redo, it was worth every moment since i use that space every day. thank you for following, i truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Norma,
    Thanks for stopping by DivineDistractions and leaving such a nice comment. I'm thilled to have you as a follower, especially nice to have another Texan on board. On another note, I had to scroll down to this post to leave a comment because there was not place to do it on later posts. Also couldn't find a place to send you an email. Might want to check on that so it is easier for your fans to communicate. Thanks again, and have a great day painting!
    www.divinedistractions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right sally,there is no place to leave a comment.I read all three of your comment and the site which you are describing is quite well to purchase any kind of cabinet.
      If you want find handy girls bedroom furniture like beds and night stands,you must have to count on colors and design too.
      -Oak Curio

      Delete